A FOUNDATION FOR COMMUNITY
At Granite State Wealth Management, we believe strongly in giving back—whether it's financial contributions or volunteering our time and attention.
- On April 21, 2014, Robert J. Walczak ran the Boston Marathon to support the Division of Pediatric Hematology and Oncology at Mass General Hospital for Children. This was the third year Robert was a member of the MGH Marathon Team, and together they raised more than $1.1 million.
- Granite State Wealth Management annually sponsors the Driving Fore Heroes golf tournament to support the Wounded Warrior Project. This event held at the Atkinson Country Club promotes awareness to aid the needs of severely injured service members.
- In May 2015, Lauren Walczak walked 39.3 miles in the AVON39 Walk to End Breast Cancer. With support from Granite State Wealth Management, Lauren and her team raised more than $125,000.
- Granite State Wealth Management supports the New Hampshire Academy of Finance, an educational program that gives local high school students an internship opportunity in financial services. We have hired nearly a dozen students and had the opportunity to speak in classrooms and at different events.
- Granite State Wealth Management has supported the Jimmy Fund since 2004.
Our broker/dealer has also established Commonwealth Cares—a 501(c)(3) charity created to maximize the impact of our many and varied efforts to give back to the communities we work in, live in, and visit.
This foundation is the natural next step in a long history of giving back that began with Commonwealth's founder and chairman, Joe Deitch, and his late wife, Robbie. For more than three decades, they and others on Commonwealth's Executive Management team have lived the firm's cultural values through their commitment to a diverse range of causes and organizations.
Here's a glimpse of some of the efforts Commonwealth is involved in today.
Commonwealth Cares provides contributions of time, talent, and financial support to a wide range of philanthropic efforts aimed at relieving human suffering, promoting social and economic growth, and sustaining and protecting our planet’s resources.
How It Works
Commonwealth Cares is currently funded primarily through generous contributions from Commonwealth Financial Network®, but its continued success will depend on the contributions and participation of other members of the Commonwealth community.
The foundation has a specific focus on causes dedicated to children and education, poverty relief, and disaster assistance. Efforts range from local programs, such as the Waltham and San Diego Boys & Girls clubs, to humanitarian relief efforts happening on a global scale. Our board, however, will consider any opportunity for giving that meets the goals of the foundation.
Every Dollar Goes to Those in Need
All operating and administrative expenses for Commonwealth Cares are borne by Commonwealth. One hundred cents on every dollar contributed goes directly to the causes we support.